MakerBot Replicator won the best 3D printer for schools 2017 . That’s because no other 3D printing manufacturer has invested so heavily in building a dedicated ecosystem for the education space.
Taking the printer in isolation we have a device with safety features optimized for the classroom. There’s a removable flexible bed that isn’t heated; an extruder where the hot-end is out of reach of curious fingers; and a semi-enclosed build-space that protects the build area from foreign objects.
Moreover there’s a cloud-based slicing option where a model can be selected on Thingiverse and sent directly to the Replicator via a dedicated smartphone app. Everything can be monitored on your smartphone.
But the icing on the cake are the tools around it; a dedicated education space on Thingiverse with STEM projects to make learning fun plus an educator’s handbook to help teachers with core concepts around 3D modeling and printing. The company will even help you find grants to fund a MakerBot in your classroom.
The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer
- Build volume 29.5 L x 19.5 W x 16.5 H CM
- Layer resolution 100 microns
- Filament diameter 1.75MM
- Filament compatibility MakerBot PLA filament large spool MakerBot PLA filament small spool MakerBot tough PLA filament large spool
- Extruder compatibility Smart extruder Tought PLA Smart extruder
- Nozzle Diameter 0.4MM
- Standardized features for easy and accessible 3D printing
- Engineered and tested for greater reliability
- Combines with powerful workflow tools to streamline the 3D printing process
- Flex build plate with grip build surface
- Includes the MakerBot smart Extruder
- On board camera
- Ease of use via the LCD display and dial